“Trix is not accepting paperwork at this time.”

Trix Bruce, RID CMP Approved Sponsor

It is my pleasure to work with interpreters, organizations, event organizers, and hosts to provide RID CEUs. Since 1999, I’ve been an RID Approved Sponsor, and it’s been so rewarding. Naturally, it’s a challenge to keep updated on all of the procedures required to continue to meet RID’s expectations. Following procedures is very important.

Here are the RID guidelines and forms. It’s true that RID has been auditing some Approved Sponsors and even suspending some Sponsors. Luckily, I have already been audited, and I have passed all of the requirements for correct adherence to RID policies and procedures. Once again, thank you for requesting information about my RID sponsorship. Here is some information about the Certification Maintenance Program (CMP):

Some of you have asked me about my rates for doing RID CEU processing. Reviewing all of the necessary paperwork is very time-consuming. This is reflected in the fees. Once you fill out the form, the form will be in my file. A PDF is preferred.  Fees are non-refundable. If your plans change, you will need to fill out another form completely.

Here are the four different categories: Establishing workshop, Independent Study Activity, Academic Coursework, and PINRA:

1)    Establishing a workshop (The interpreter establishes his/her own workshop.) Please type out the form and use three educational objectives for each workshop. Handwritten forms are not accepted. $85 per workshop

2)    Independent Study Activity – Examples: Home study with videos, research or literature reviews, study groups, acting as a mentor or being mentored, curriculum/workshop development, teaching a workshop for the first time, etc, (May earn up to 2.0 CEUs.) $150 per participant

3)    Academic Coursework – such as college credit taken at an accredited institution. This processing requires your verification of how many hours you attend. The transcript is required to submit. $45 per form

4)    Participant Initiated Non-RID Activities (PINRA), coursework such as academic coursework, in-service workshops, workshops, or conferences of other organizations, etc. This processing requires your verification of how many hours you attend. The completion of a certificate or a teacher’s note are required to submit.  $45 per form

I needed to find an RID Approved Sponsor (to work with for CEUs). … (One of) my co-workers … recommended Trix Bruce (saying that) Trix was an extremely efficient Sponsor and she replies back very quickly. …. My experiences with Trix have been nothing but POSITIVE! … Trix is extremely prompt in her replies to any emails I send her and is always fast to answer any questions I may have. She provided so much positive support for me, that the required paperwork felt effortless … Jack Nicholas said to Helen Hunt in the movie As Good as it Gets, “You make me want to be a better man”. Well, Trix Bruce makes me want to be a better interpreter. (Trix Bruce is) … amazing.

J.N., Vancouver, BC Canada


Forgot Password?

Join Us

Password Reset
Please enter your e-mail address. You will receive a new password via e-mail.